Vitamins to Naturally Prevent Hair Loss & Naturally Promote Hair Growth: Biotin, MSM & More
Aging is one of many factors that contributes to hair loss and/or thinning hair, but is not the only one. Hair loss, known scientifically as Alopecia, can affect people of all ages for a variety of reasons. Some of the main causes of hair loss include poor circulation, pregnancy, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and thyroid disease. A product I like to hand people is Ultra Hair Plus from Nature’s Plus (www.naturesplus.com). This includes a combination of vitamins, minerals and herbals that work together for to strengthen hair, prevent hair loss and promote hair regrowth. Here is what it contains:
- Biotin –Water soluble B vitamin that works to strength hair & nails.
- MSM – Stimulates the production of keratin, a protein that hair is made up of.
- Vitamin C & Ginkgo Biloba – Helps to improve circulation to the scalp.
- Saw Palmetto – Stops the production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT): a form of testosterone that blocks hair from growing.
- Turmeric (curcumin) – Helps circulation and fights inflammation.
Those on chemo or radiation therapy will want to pay special attention to turmeric during treatment. Not only will it help to prevent hair loss but it will also help counteract other unpleasant side effects. Another product I want to mention is Shen Min (www.shenmin.com). Shen Min’s herbal forumla helps to block the production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which research suggests is one of the main contributing factors to hair loss in both men and woman. Included in Shen Min’s this formula are powerful Chinese herbs including HeShou Wu and Kudzu that also help to stimulate hair follicles.
If you have any questions about naturally preventing hair loss or promotion hair growth feel free to leave a comment and I’ll get back to you.